You know that moment all Mom’s love. We get home, we are tired, we are cranky, and we are hungry. So we sit down on the couch and wait for dinner to be ready. And then we realize….we are the one’s who are supposed to be making dinner!! That ever happen to you?!? It happens to me all the time! My husband works crazy hours and is in school so dinner falls on me. And of course with 3 young kids, getting dinner, homework, baths, and snuggle time…it’s hard to accomplish all that!
10 Easy Dinners
We stick to a budget though so we don’t eat out often. I also follow a pretty strict diet due to my autoimmune disease so eating out for me is miserable haha. Instead, I’ve found tons of ways to make quick meals the whole family can enjoy (usually I make one or two small tweaks for my meals but it’s easy to do!). I’m also that mean Mom who makes ONE meal and if my kids don’t like it, we have a big bowl of fruit they can eat instead.
Here are some of the favorite recipes in my house….favorite by me because they are so easy to make and MOST of the family enjoys them!
10 Easy Dinners
- Spaghetti! We use ground turkey in ours, along with whole wheat noodles. I also make my own sauce and add veggies to it like carrots, onions, and mushrooms. You can puree them and add to the sauce and your kids never know! I make a big batch of sauce in advance and keep it in the freezer for busy nights where we need a quick meal.
- Tacos! We make healthy tacos by using whole wheat tortillas, ground lean turkey, and fun veggies. My kids love adding tomatoes, black olives, lettuce, and sour cream on there tacos. You can also do them over some chips as an alternative.
- Breakfast for Dinner! This is a huge hit in my house. With trying to get kids to school early in the morning, we usually do a smoothie for breakfast. My kids love eggs and sausage though so we have it for dinner instead! I use egg whites, 2% cheese, and lean turkey sausage. We also do home made health pancakes, french toast or waffles and serve with a side of fruit. Easy and fun!
- BBQ Chicken! This meal is so easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients (I hate meals with 25 ingredients haha)
- Crock Pot Chicken! This one makes my house smell good all day long! Plus once I get home from picking up the kids, it’s ready to go!! We love having it with rice or baked potatoes.
- Bacon Ranch Chicken! My kids and my husband are big fans of ranch, so when I found a quick and easy ranch chicken…we had to give it a try! Now it’s a favorite!!
- Chili! I won’t lie, this is not a favorite of my kids unless we leave out the beans, then they will eat it haha. I love it because I can make a big batch and freeze it. I’m a huge fan of freezer items!
- Soup and Sandwich Night! My kids love a grilled cheese sandwich and I pair it up with some tomato soup for a great and quick dinner!! You can also do a salad if you kids will eat that…only 2 of mine will at this point but I love a salad!
- Fish and Fries! We buy a big bag of tilapia, toss some seasonings on it, and bake it in the oven with some fries. It’s so good all 3 of my kids ask for fish night and it requires very little prep work!
- Sausage and Noodles! Turkey sausage was something I found a few years back and it has become one of my favorite foods. Especially now since you can get them in so many flavors! We grill them, and have a side of whole wheat noodles topped with Parmesan cheese (YUMMY) and some green beans! One of my favorite easy meals my whole family enjoys.