Having your own business is exciting! But it also can be scary and a bit overwhelming. I know I still sometimes feel over my head and I’ve been doing this for years! As a Mom, you have to take care of the house, the family, etc but now you also have this business you need to build, develop, and nurture. How do you manage everything?? One of my best tips is a good planner, and prioritizing things. Another thing I do, is find ways to easily promote my business that doesn’t require much work on my part! Here are 10 Easy Ways To Promote Your Business that might really help you have some time freedom.
10 Easy Ways To Promote Your Business
1) Send Out Samples : Now, make sure you do not waste money and just send them to everyone! I only send these to people who I know are very interested, and they have already learned everything about my company. I also send samples to people who are going to refer customers to me, so they can have a good opinion on the products. Another way I send samples is if people will try them, and then share about them on social media or with close friends….in that way, my sample is bringing me a lot more contacts!
2) Leave Business Cards On Bulletin Boards (doctors office, banks, dentist, vets office, etc) : If you look in many local businesses, they have places where you can leaves cards or catalogs or things. Most small business owners are happy to support each other and won’t mind you leaving things. Places where parents go often are good choices too (Karate, dance, gymnastics, etc).
3) Have a label on your car : This might not work for everyone and every business, but it could be good for you! When I was a kid, my dad and grandfather owned a construction business. They stayed booked all the time by word of mouth! They had a label on their cars, and put one up in the yards of houses they worked on. Word of mouth is one of the best ways to build your customer base!
4) Have a Google Ad : If your budget is tight, this might not be for you. If you have extra money put aside to build your business, then this could be great! I personally have used them a few times with great results.
5) Leave Post Cards everywhere you go (Starbucks, Restaurants, etc) : When I eat out, I usually leave my business post card with the tip! If you ask, many stores won’t mind if you leave a few on the table too for the next guest! (always ask first!)
6) Offer incentives for referrals : Every once in awhile I will do a free gift for people who send referrals my way! This is a great way for me to get a lot of new contacts…without much effort on my part. Plus, when it’s a friend of a friend, people are more likely to show interest.
7) Embrace Social Media…in the RIGHT way : Over 70% of people get on social media at least 5 times a day! It’s a great way to meet people, promote your products, get new business partners, customers, etc. But, it has to be done the right way! People are tired of scrolling through social media and seeing “buy this, buy that” all the time. Either do it as a page or group, it is actually against most social media polices to sell things on your personal page. A social media class can be a great way to learn the basics. Many of these are scams I’ve found, so always make sure they personally have a good following (how can they teach you to be successful, if they aren’t?) and look for a lot of success testimonials from people they have trained. Many will allow you one free class to see if you like it before enrolling.
8) Participate in Fundraisers : School, charities, events, festivals all look for sponsors! Especially around the spring, summer and fall. Also places where kids put on performances and have programs. Another one is school gyms, many will allow you to hang a banner for a fee.
9) Look into local advertising : Local advertising can be a great resource! Many towns have magazines, websites, social media pages that keep people up to date on the town, but also offer special deals!
10) Have customer appreciate nights where they win prizes for bringing a guest : Make your customers feel appreciated, and not only will they keep coming back but they will bring others! Do a fun night to thank them for shopping with you, and offer a gift if they bring some friends.
Remember, owning a business can be tough, but following a few of these simple rules will allow your business to keep growing! And one of the best ways for your business to grow is by word of mouth!