The New Year is HERE, and with that, New Years Resolutions!! For many small business owners, this is a time to evaluate how your business did over the past 12 months, and what your plans are for the coming 12 months. In order for your business to be successful and thrive, set goals for yourself! Start out small, but make sure you are growing your business every month. Whether it’s by adding 3 new customers, or by adding a new business partner, you need to grow monthly and stay consistent!
New Year Goals
If you are struggling to grow and find your business going down hill each month, put a stop to it!! Take stock of what you did that works, and what didn’t work. Stop relying on social media to build your business, and get out in your community!! Pass our flyers, leave business cards around, and offer samples! If you aren’t talking about your business, then its not growing!
You can also search out craft fairs in your area, most have them in the Spring and these are a GREAT way to get your product/business out there to a new market. Be creative with these, offer free samples, prizes and incentives. You can find some great ideas for events on Pinterest. Make sure to get get people to sign up for your newsletter, this way you have their contact information even after the event is over.
And if you don’t have a newsletter, start one NOW. This is a great way to let your current and past customers know about new deals, plus ways to offer them incentives if they refer friends or host a party. Keep in touch and show them you appreciate their business. A happy customer stays around and refers their friends to shop with you too!
Remember in order to be successful, you have to put in the work! Some people can get by with just a few hours a week, but most of us require a few hours each day of work! Especially if you just started a new business, it takes people 7 times being exposed to a product to be ready to buy!
Here are Five Tips To Help Your Business Be Successful
1) Always be the hardest worker in the room! I never ask others to do thing I personally won’t do and because of that, I lead by example.
2) Be consistent. Nothing is worse than having business partners that stop, start, stop, start over and over again! Be known as someone who is always consistent.
3) Have an accountability partner. It’s always great to have someone you can share ideas with, and who will call you out if you aren’t doing your work.
4) Plug In To Training’s! A lot of time the things you struggle with, someone else has been there and overcome it! If you plugin, you can learn.
5) Drop the excuses! Everyone can find an excuse why things won’t work. Don’t even bother with them. Make this the year you succeed, no matter what!
Do you have some tips for being successful this year? Feel free to share them with me!!!