Working from home is hard. Anyone that tells you otherwise is bonkers. Haha!! It’s hard to balance life. It’s hard to get work in each day (especially with kids at home). It’s hard to find other serious people. It’s hard to be your own boss. But it is 100% worth it. Anyone that tells you otherwise is bonkers. I do it because it’s worth it to be around for my kids. It’s worth it to pay off debt. It’s worth it to chase after our dreams. It’s worth it to have freedom!!!
On those days its hard those, you need to remember that if it was easy, EVERYONE would do it. It’s not easy and it takes a certain type of person to be able to find success working at home. The #1 quality you need….not quitting!
If Howard Schultz gave up after being turned down by 242 banks, there would be no Starbucks.
If Walt Disney quit too soon after his park concept was trashed 302 times, there would be no Disneyland.
If J.K. Rowling quit after being turned down by multiple publishers for many years, there would be no Harry Potter.
Great success comes on the verge of you wanting to quit. No matter what though, don’t quit!!!!
5 Tips For When You Feel Like Quitting
- Remember WHY you started. Sure it’s going to be hard, most things in life are hard, but there was a reason you wanted to do this and that reason is probably still there, you just need to dig deep and find it.
- You aren’t a quitter! As parents, we teach our kids not to quit something they started, but so often as adults we don’t practice what we preach! Success will happen, you just have to stay the course and not quit.
- Evaluate yourself. Many times I find the reason we aren’t succeeding….is ourselves! We don’t put in the work, we make a gazillion excuses, then we get mad when at the end of the day the fault lies with us. Don’t sabotage yourself. Be honest of your work and your excuses and find ways to improve.
- Ask for help! Many times people will just quit before even asking for help. If you are in school and can’t do a project, you don’t quit and fail the class, you ask for help! The same goes for adults. Many times we refuse to ask for help, do the training, or put in the work. If we did, we would have success.
- Be creative! I did not get where I am by just sticking to the basics, I thought outside the box! I found new ways to market myself and my business, I got out of my comfort zone, and I kept trying new things.
At the end of the day, believe in yourself and no matter what happens, don’t quit!!! You’ll be back where you started. But if you keep working, you will eventually find success.