As a parent, it is always a struggle between finding foods my kids will eat, and my desire to have them eat healthy foods. Lately as I have noticed that effects sugar have on my 4 year old, I’ve been working hard to find healthy foods that I can make. And that he will still enjoy haha. One recipe I recently found that everyone loved, is home made graham crackers! These are very easy to do and delicious!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or flour of choice
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, cold
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender combine the ingredients.
- Next put in the chilled butter.
- Scoop the mixture onto a piece of wax paper, with another sheet onto and roll out with a rolling pin or cup
- Roll dough out and use cookie cutters to make shapes or a cup just for circles.
- Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
To Freeze, simply cut the cookies into shapes and then place them onto a baking sheet and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then you can place them in a plastic bag and you can freeze them for up to 3 months. When you are ready to bake them, just cook them with an additional 1-2 minutes of bake time added on and keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.