When I went paleo, the hardest part for me was the lack of dessert! I can eat grilled chicken and veggies all day long…as long as at the end of the day I get a small dessert. It’s all about moderation after all! So I began hunting for a good dessert. The problem was, many paleo recipes require strange ingredients you have no clue where to buy, or they take a lot of time to make. OR….they taste really gross haha. After hunting around, I finally found a good one! It’s a lemon paleo cupcake!! It easy to make, uses normal ingredients, and you can make a lot and freeze them (anything I can freeze and have later is a big winner in my book!) My favorite way to have these is with strawberries! It reminds me a lot of strawberry shortcake!
Give them a try and let me know what you think!!
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour ( I don’t recommend substituting this, I tried and it did not turn out well!)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup Honey (I like to melt it a little, makes it mix better!)
- ½ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- Juice Of Two Lemons
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Combine the oil, honey, vanilla, eggs, and lemon juice in a bowl using a hand mixer.
- Slowly add the liquid to the flour mixture. Keep mixing until all the clumps are gone. You may have to turn the mixer up and it will be thick.
- Spray a muffin pan with coconut oil ( I did not have good results using cupcake liners!)
- Fill the tins half way full with the mixture.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, check, and then cook for longer. The muffins should turn dark on the top when finished.
These freeze really well and are wonderful served with strawberries! Perfect healthy treat for the summer!