Summer months can be hard for Work From Home Mom’s. Not only do we now have kids with us all day who need to be watched, but our whole schedule has been turned around!! Another problem is the people we work with, now are going on vacation or have kids home with them too. Not to mention people are on the go a lot and money can be tight with vacations and fun summer activities. And yet some people find the summer to be their most successful time EVER. How is that, and what are there secrets to being successful during the summer?
Summer Success Tips
I interviewed multiple work from home Mom’s who find summer to be their most successful season. They shared some of their summer success tips on what to do, and what not to do during the summer. Remember at the end of the day, your success doesn’t rely on your team, but on YOU!
What NOT to do….
- Never ever ever take the whole summer off. If you take two months off from a job, you get fired. The same with a work from home job! If you take 2 months off, when you come back your business will not be the same and you will have to work harder to rebuild it. Plus it makes your team feel unsupported if they know they won’t be able to rely on you.
- Don’t let your attitude effect your business. Many people think summer is slow, and so that mindset makes it seem slow. Other people think summer is the best time for their business, so they work hard and it IS successful for them!
- Don’t get overwhelmed! Learn to manage your time during the summer, even if it means you only work 15 minutes a day.
- Don’t be unprepared! Always be open for a conversation everywhere you go and make sure business cards and samples are on you at all times!
What to DO….
- Be creative! Summer usually means a busy schedule for many people, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have time for get together’s.
- Focus on YOUR market and what appeals to them. If your market is mostly Mom’s with kids, plan play dates! Most Mom’s would love a chance to get together, and have their kids use up some energy.
- Have unique incentives! Ask a friend to host a party for you, make it a fun theme, and have a fun hostess gift! I base my hostess gift on the number of people they invite. That way they are encouraged to invite more people to get a better incentive for themselves.
- Never leave a party without booking another party! I always bring a small gift with me for the first person to book their own party! This keeps your schedule full and constantly meeting new people.
- Find fun ways to incorporate your products into the Summer Months. If I have a play date, I have products out that are good for kids to use during the summer! I also will use my products to make things such as smoothies for kids, healthy popsicles, home made bug repellent, and more!
- Have fun Summer Challenges for your team! Base it on their activity, but also who has the most success. That way everyone has a chance to win AND it keeps them motivated.
- Find a friend from a different work from home company and partner up! Have a party where you both invite guests and share BOTH your companies! This gets you a new market and you could repeat it over and over with different companies!
- Ask current customers for referrals! Summer is a great time as most people do not have as crazy of a schedule, and they can meet up for coffee or a play date!
- Join Mommy Groups if you have young kids! This is a great way to meet more people! You can find lots of Mommy groups on Social Media!
- Enroll your kids in sports or activities, this is another great way to meet more people!
- Join a fun activity for YOU! Such as learning to do a hobby you enjoy like cooking, or getting in shape with a yoga or other type of fitness class.
- Check out local events in your area. Most cities have fun summer events where you can meet new people.
- Look for vendor events or tables. These are very popular during the summer and you can get a table to display products, or just walk around and meet new people.
- Spend time saying ‘Thank You” to those who support your business. This might not seem like it will help your business grow, but without support from others, your business will stand still so always remember to give thanks!
- Have incentives for people if they REFER friends to you!
- Make it FUN!!! Summer is a short time, find ways to make your business work, but remember to have FUN!
Summer Party Ideas
- Margarita Monday ( and a movie for the kids)
- Muffins and Manicures
- Chocolate Party
- Water Party (pool party, sprinkler, slip and slide, water balloons…so many options!)
- Bubbles and Breakfast (have fun bubble activities over breakfast)
- Spa Party
- Sangria and Sandals (manicures or spa party with a drink for the Mom’s)
- Sunday Brunch
- Coffee and Cones (afternoon iced coffee for the adults and ice cream cones for the kids)
- Sunday Sundaes
- Play and Preview
- Pizza and Play
- Ice Cream Social
- Back To School Bash
- Coffee and Cupcakes
- Christmas in July
- Mommy and Me
- Tea Party
- Dress Up Party
- Wine and Cheese Party
- Lawn-chairs and Lemonade
- Sunday Funday
- Cupcakes and Cocktails
- Popcorn and PJ’s
- Mom’s Night Out
- Taco Tuesday
One other great tip I share with people is to PLAN! I sit down with my team and we plan out what we are going to do in the summer ahead of time. We share tips, ideas, and get creative to find things that will work best for US! Remember to focus on what works for YOUR market of people, keep a positive attitude, and lead by example for your team! Summer is such a great time to grow your business, you just have to find fun ways to do it!