Are mornings crazy in your house?? They are in mine! Do you struggle to find a healthy breakfast for your kids?? Three words: Banana Chocolate Muffins.
Mornings are crazy in my house. My husband works weird hours and normally by the time he gets home we have all been at the park for an hour. So breakfast for my 5, 3 and 1 year old falls all on me, and I’m not exactly a morning person. Plus when my baby wakes up, he wants me to hold him. And he wakes up usually around 6:30am so not much time for me to cook. I’m a very healthy eater myself so giving my kids high sugar foods for breakfast is just not something I do. And thus began the search for some good breakfast options for them as we all know kids are picky eaters.
This is my favorite!!! Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!!! They use greek yogurt, oats, and bananas so the kids are getting good foods plus those chocolate chips help them to think they are eating a dessert. Mom approved, and loved by kids!! I bake a big batch once a month and put them in the freezer. That way during the crazy mornings, I can pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds and breakfast is served. Oh, and these all make a great evening snack when that chocolate craving comes on!
Chocolate Banana Yogurt Muffins
- 1 cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ Cup Egg Whites
- 2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, mini or regular
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or lining them with paper liners.
- Pour the bananas into a blender and mix until they are smooth. Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a mix bowl and stir until they are creamy. Add in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the muffin pan, filling each about 3/4s the way to the top.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until they are firm
- I store mine in the freezer and cook in the microwave for 30 seconds.