People tell me all the time that I am Supermom and have it all together and am such a positive happy person. The truth is, no one has it all together!!! We all have problems and issues and stressful days where we think about locking ourselves in the bathroom with a giant bag of chocolate. But the difference is, I don’t dwell on the bad and always try to find positive things. In every situation, you can find something good….sometimes you just have to look REALLY hard!
I make sure that I present a positive and happy attitude as much as I can. Its not pretend for me, its who I choose to be!! I like to show my kids, friends, and clients that life is what you make it and I chose to love life, smile, be happy and enjoy each day. Yes my floor needs to be mopped and I forgot the laundry in the washing machine again, but I’m not stressed, I have happy kids, and my heart is full!! That’s what life is truly about!!
Tips For Happiness
- Don’t dwell on things you can’t change. If a problem arises, work out a way to solve it, and if you can’t just move on.
- Find time to laugh, move and have fun daily. My kids and I love to have random “Dance Parties” where we just bust out in wild moves. It reminds me to enjoy the small things and not to take myself too seriously.
- Look for the positive in every situation. This can be tough sometimes, but if you look hard enough you can find something.
- Don’t get involved in drama. This is a big one for me. I don’t do drama of any type as life is too short. If I know two friends are having issues, I let them work it out and I don’t take sides or get involved. Its important to always remember there are THREE sides to every story, person 1’s side, person 2’s side, and the truth. I learned a long time ago from a personal experience where I was attached by someone else who THOUGHT they knew the story, that its VERY hard for that to be forgotten or the relationship to be repaired. Plus, each person reacts differently to situations and all of us have different feelings. So something that I might find trivial, might be heartbreaking for someone else. Drama free is the way to be!
- Start each day with God Time. I’m a very busy Mom, but I do a devotional every morning and it helps keep me in the right mind set.
- Get some sunshine! Vitamin D is needed to keep you happy and without it, people can become depressed. During the warm months, my kids and I play outside daily!
- Exercise!! Exercises releases endorphins and endorphins make you happy. My whole day is better and I’m a much more patient Mom after an early morning workout.
- Have a plan for stressful situations. This really helps me not to stress over things as I usually have a plan when a situation arises. We are currently packing to move from VA to GA and I’m honestly not as stressed as people think I should be haha. I made a list for each area of my house to be packed and cleaned each day and that helps me know I’m on track and stress in not needed.
Remember, life is short and your kids need you to be present for them. Not dwelling on things you can’t change. Let the bad stuff (and people!) go and focus on the good. You will be amazed at how much more peaceful you feel!!!