I Can’t Be Successful Working From Home……
I have heard this a million times, a million different ways, with a million reasons why. Many people have tried and failed and are scared to try again. They think they weren’t successful once, so they never will be. Or they think all companies are the same. But as we teach our children, “at first you don’t succeed, try, try, again”. Some of the greatest people in history, are only known because they kept trying and did not let failure define them! Will you let it define you, or will you keep trying? I will always try as I want to pass that lesson on to my kids, keep trying!!!
Why are some people successful working from home, and some are not? It boils down to a few things!
- Your Work Ethic- some people do really good with motivating themselves, while others need people to constantly remind them to stay on track, and give them tasks to do. If you can motivate yourself, then you are already on the right track!
- Your “WHY”- this is huge! “Why” do you want to work from home and be successful? I challenge each of you to sit down, really think about this, and then write it down. Stick it where you can see it each day and so you will be reminded “WHY” you need this and want it! For me, it’s a better future for my kids! I want to be able to pay for them to do activities, go to college, take vacations, and yet still be home for them each day. They motivate me and push me to be better!
- Your Determination- this is another huge factor! I have heard every excuse, and I’ve made them myself!!! What keeps you going is NOT making excuses, but finding reasons to make it work! I’ve moved 5 times in the past 5 years, across states, and lost contact with so many people. I don’t know many people where I live now, so I’ve used social media to build my business! Where there is a will, there is a way to be successful!
- Your Schedule- when working from home, you have to set your own schedule! For some people, this is easy. But for others, when it comes time to work, they don’t. But this is the key, to be successful, you have to WORK! You can’t post one thing on facebook each day and expect that to make you $1,000 a month. If that really worked, every one would do it!!! Some people do have a large following and can be successful that way, but for most people, we have to build relationships, we have to share our love for our job, we have to spend hours talking to people and showing them the great opportunity! If you are spending 5 minutes a day and not finding success, its time to really work!! Figure out what time you can work each day. For me, I get up before the kids and then I also stay up usually an hour or two after them. That is my work time! I write down during the day what needs to be done during that time, and I don’t relax until its accomplished. To build a successful business though, you need to WORK!
- Your creativity- you need to find new ways to get a customer base, to grow your network, to reach people! Be creative! Ask other small business owners how they do it, try new things, and get outside your bubble! Take post cards around to local businesses, host a “networking” dinner for other business people In your area, go to events and get a booth, give a prize for referrals….there are so many options!!!
I’ve been told I’m successful because I have a large network or a lot of friends or I got in at the start of the company. None of those are true haha. I’m successful because I put in the work! When I first started working from home, I was a senior in college and my kids were 1 and 2 ½. I got creative, I worked each day, I had success….and then I quit!!! That job was not for me, and it was a bad experience, but I didn’t let it get me down. I kept searching until I found the right job, and I tried again!!! For a few people, success comes easy, but for some, it takes years of hard work! But isn’t the hard work for a few years worth it to own your time???
Your success is determined by YOU! Do you have what it takes to keep going and never give up? I believe in you! After all, us Mom’s are some of the strongest people in the world. Keep going!!!!!